Friday, May 6, 2011

Caversham Wildlife Park

On Dylan's actual birthday we all loaded up and headed to Caversham Wildlife Park.  David and Karen wanted to take Jack to pet some Kangaroos to celebrate his birthday too.  Also, petting a kangaroo is all Jack has talked about since I started telling him about the trip to Australia.
Caversham is a really neat place, it is so much fun to be able to interact with the animals!  I've attached their website if you are interested in checking it out!  Very cool!
www.cavershamwildlife.com.au/

Shannon heading into the park
Jack and Hailey pumped about seeing the animals.

Bottle feeding a baby Kangaroo.  It was really cool to watch!

This owl is for you Kelly, it's eyes were bright yellow!  Beautiful! HA! :)

Us with a Wombat!  Very neat, strange animals.  Jack was a tiny bit scared at this guy!

The Kangaroos are just laying around, chilling in the grass and they let you walk right up to them and pet them.  It is truly amazing!  Jack LOVED it, he couldn't get enough of them.  It was really neat!

Jack and a Kangaroo! He probably would have sat down beside them if he could have.  He loved them. 
Shannon, Hailey, and Jack with one of their kangaroo friends!
Their fur was super soft.

I was trying to get pictures of the kids with the kangaroos and I got too close to the fence and this Emu below bit my ear!  I screamed, it hurt, and Karen laughed!  I think he was going after my shiny shiny silver earring!  I'm not an Emu fan!

Mean Animal.
We also got to hang out with the Koala Bear's, they were really beautiful, soft and sleepy!  They sleep almost 20 hours a day! 
Jack was able to pet one of the Koala Bears but you have to be careful to not touch the leaves as they can smell human on the leaves and they will not eat them after they have our scent on them!

Very neat day!  Jack could barely sleep for talking about the Kangaroos! 

Pizza and an ice cream cake followed that night for Dylan's birthday party with the family along, with more presents!  Sweet DD raked in the gifts! It was a very great day! 

"Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God." - Matthew 5:8