Sunday, April 10, 2011

The First Couple Days

WARNING...Lots of Pictures!!

On our way home from the airport we took a taxi since we actually missed our connecting flight and it caused us to be late arriving into Perth.  Jack loved riding in the cab.  He was able to sit in the seat like a big boy (do not call Child Protective Services....he has a car seat here just not with me in the taxi.)

After arriving to the Gallup house I asked the driver how much it was and he told me.  I paid him the amount and then gave him $8 tip.  Karen's mother greeted us, her name is Nola, she is fantastic! After carrying in the bags Nola says to me..."Kim, I thought you would have blond hair and you didn't tip him, did you?"  I said, "Yes of course I tipped him, do you think that $8 is enough?" Nola then informed me that tipping is not necessary in Australia.  (Minimum wage is like $17.00 per hour) Lesson 1 Learned.

This little guy is amazing!  Dylan is full of life and one little ladies man!  He loves coming up to me and giving me kisses and hugs!  The is my Godson and I feel SO blessed to be able to spend this time with him.  He loves to  be read too and will sit and listen for as long as you would like to read to him.   
Jack is obsessed with taking pictures and he actually is half way decent at it.  He took this one of precious Hailey and I at the shop (they call it a shop, it is like a walmart/best buy and the cheapest hair dryer was like $30!) Hailey is so ornery!  She is one of a kind!  She looks like her Aunt Becky with blond hair to me!  She is super sweet and so much fun to be around.  She loves singing and dancing (even if it is too herself! Ha!)
This is Shannon playing Netball (an Aussie sport, sort of similar to basketball except no dribbling and you can only take one step after receiving the ball.  I watched her for one hour practicing and I think I might have figured it out but, Shannon could probably beat me!)  This little lady has a beautiful soul! She is SO patient with the younger siblings and Jack.  She answers their questions and interacts with them VERY well.  She is SO smart, and sweet!  She is very organized and detailed, much like her cousins Jacey and Kim! 
Jack and Hailey eating a muesli bar (granola bar) and watching Shannon practice Netball.

All of the MONKEYS playing on the trampoline.

Can you see the cutest in their eyes!?  The sisters on the way to the beach! They are so close... most of the time! :) Makes me miss mine!   
One of the beaches that we went too.

Shannon playing in the sand.

Trying to get a picture of four kids who would rather be running in the sand/water is close to impossible! 
The water is so beautiful!  It is a blue/green and the sand is soft and white! 

Dylan has stolen my heart!  He is full of life and  he doesn't miss a step!  He even prances around the living room to show off for me!

The MONKEY with his Aussie shirt from Aunt M on.  He was fine when we were at the beach where the waves were calm.  However...we moved beaches and went to one with more wave action and he completely GEEK'D out!  He was screaming bloody murder!  Then on our way to the car he said..."Ha! Momma!  No waves can get me now!"  Right Jack!

Precious Hailey! 

The days are so relaxing here!  The kids are wonderful!  We went to the beach today, then followed it up with pizza (my American boy was dying for pizza!) Then went for a Sunday evening drive that included watching wild kangaroos hop around!  It's amazing here! 

Tomorrow I plan to take Jack in to the doctor, he is a little under the weather and I just want to get it checked out since our visit is for 6 more weeks!!  Keep him in your thoughts! 

"My heart is fixed:  I will sing and give praise."  Psalm 57:7