Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Our First Adventure Out.....ALONE!

Today was our first big adventure out without Karen and Company as guides.  Although I like to think of myself as an independent person,  traveling around a foreign country with a 3 year old is kind of scary.  Thank GOD the language is the same or this little country girl would have been seriously lost. 

The bus station is just a few blocks from the Gallup's house....just down the street and across the park.  The buses run every hour at ten past the hour.  So, Jack (still partially sick, still whiny!) and I leave the house and head toward the bus stop.  Get there and a sweet lady is there waiting to go to "the City" as well!  Hooray for me, she was super sweet and told me exactly what and where I needed to go to make it to the city.  I almost asked to take her picture (so you guys could meet her as well) but I stopped myself at the risk of being a freak.  It was about a 30 minute ride into the city of Perth.


Jack is a still a little under the weather, I can tell it in his eyes.

We walked from the bus station down to the water, Swan River, I think but don't quote me.  BEAUTIFUL!

Jack was chasing the birds all OVER the place! 

Went through the Supreme Court Gardens...to see this monster of a tree.  This picture does not do it justice.  It was amazingly large. 
You cannot tell from this picture but I was a long ways away from the tree and these branches were way high up.  I think the tree was like OLD....probably 500 years old.  Very beautiful.  Jack said "Momma...that is HUGE!"  "Is it awesome Momma?"  "Yes Jack, it is awesome!"
And so are you Jack!  You are awesome!  Even though he is just 3, in a foreign country and down with the sick and WHINY!!  He is still awesome and a travel trooper!  He slept in the stroller for at least an hour while I shopped and....he looked like a teenager in an infant stroller!  NOTE to Self:  Buy larger stroller that is halfway comfy!
Bell Tower in Perth...simply beautiful! We ate lunch close by here and every time the bell would ring Jack would say..."Momma, who done that?"  That's my boy...Okie all the way!
Jack trying to chase and feed the birds his lunch! They wanted nothing to do with him but he kept trying! Persistence!
I did the worst touristy thing possible and I asked for a picture.  She obliged, and this is the result!
Beer for Momma, Lemonade for Jack.
Jack took this picture, he seriously did.  That is why he had such a great day.  The birds and the water were this close!

I tried to take a picture of a store in the mall called Maggie's (it was a super expensive boutique, perfect for my girl Maggs) However...I got ambushed by mall security and they told me NO pictures inside the mall.  Man...I'm not gonna steal your ideas...I can't even sew and I'm not creative.  I was just looking for a shout out on my blog!   

Tomorrow Jack and I will venture out to take a ferry to an island off of Perth called Fremont.  I'll keep you posted.  Night bloggers!